Going through a number of websites trying to zero in on the cheapest flight tickets? We have all been there. The tiresome process of making an Air India booking is a hassle for anyone looking to travel. As a leading airline, Air India is one of the top airlines when it comes to flying to India, or any other destination. The airline offers some of the best amenities to their passengers, and the hospitality extended by the staff is unlike anything offered by any other airline. The Air India manage booking option allows you to cancel or change your reservations at any time you like.
7 Tips for Cheap Air India Booking
But, all these facilities come with a price tag that might not be the most suitable for your budget. Making an affordable Air India booking might seem like a difficult task, but it is not impossible. With the right hacks, you can easily slash the price of your flight tickets and fly without burning a hole through your pocket. If you are not sure what to do to get budget-friendly flight tickets, then here is a list of tricks that can help you out. By following these tips, you can easily land the flight tickets that you want.
- Hide your searches: The internet tracks every move you make, and this is especially true when you are looking to make an Air India booking. When you make a search for flights, your searches are saved, and the airline can then increase the prices. If you want to avoid such price hikes, you need to make sure that your searches are hidden. An easy way to do so is by using the incognito mode on your browser. This ensures that all your searches are hidden, and the prices remain stable. You must also make sure that you delete all the cookies beforehand.
- Save up and redeem those miles: Air India is a member of the Star Alliance, which is one of the three largest airline alliances in the world. As a member, Air India gives you the opportunity to become a member and earn miles or points each time you fly with them. These miles or points that you save, can later be redeemed to get a discount on your flight tickets or to get an upgrade. If you manage to pile up enough points, you can even get free flight tickets. An added bonus is that you can also use these points to get discounts or upgrades with other member airlines.
- Connecting flights over direct flights: It is common knowledge that taking a direct flight can cost you much more than taking a connecting flight. However, most people forget this and try to book direct flights. If you are on a budget, then you must make sure that you look at all the direct flight and connecting flight options, and compare them to find out the cheapest deals. Taking connecting flights is not only cheaper, but it also allows you to break your journey and travel in relative comfort. If time is not a constraint for you, then booking connecting flights is your best choice.
- Find the cheapest destination to fly to: As some destinations tend to be more popular with people as compared to the other, flying to some places can cost more than flying to other places. If you haven’t already decided on your next holiday destination, then it’s a good idea to do your research and find out what places are cheaper to fly to than the others. Flying to less popular destinations can save you money, and it can allow you to enjoy a relatively crowd-free holiday.
- Avoid peak holiday season: Everyone knows that the holiday season is the most expensive time to book your flight tickets. The prices tend to double and even triple if you book your tickets during the holidays. But, this might not be very suitable for those of you on a budget. If you are looking to book a relatively cheaper holiday, then you need to avoid the holiday season and instead make your booking for other times. But, if you must fly during the holidays then make sure that you make your booking well in advance to avoid a last-minute price hike.
- Choose the right website: The place you choose to book your flight tickets is just as important as anything else. If you do not make the right choice, then you might end up regretting your decision. Before you make an Air India booking, make sure that you compare the price on all websites, and also check the official airline website. Flight tickets on the airline website tend to be cheaper than the other websites. If you make your bookings using the official website, you can also use the Air India manage booking option to make any changes to your itinerary.
- Fly on weekdays instead of weekends: Flying on the weekends is the popular choice among people, as weekends are free for most people. But, given the rush, making your Air India booking during the weekends can be much more expensive in comparison to the weekdays. That is precisely why you should try and make your reservations for the weekdays and enjoy much more economical plane tickets. As fewer people fly during the weekdays, you can also dodge the airport crowd and enjoy a relatively peaceful journey and holiday. So, if you are on a budget or simply do not enjoy crowds, making your bookings for the weekdays is the perfect choice for a fantastic vacation with your family or friends.
There should be no doubt in your mind anymore about making your Air India booking. Getting pocket-friendly plane tickets is now just a few steps away. Once you have made your reservations, you can simply use the Air India manage booking option to make any changes to your itinerary. Going on a vacation should be a wonderful and hassle-free experience. With these hacks in mind, your trip to India or anywhere else will turn out to be the best you have ever taken.