Cats vs. dogs as long as they’ve been domesticated our population has been divided into those that prefer cats and those that prefer dogs. We think that both make for great companions, but if you’re strongly on “team dog”, read on. So here is a comparison between cat and dog and cats are better than dogs?
Cats are quiet
If noise levels are a concern in your living situation, cats are a great choice of pet. Even the quietest bark will likely be much louder than the most insistent meowing. Depending on the cat, you may need to worry about other sounds such as them knocking things off of surfaces or running around at top speed, but they are still likely to be quieter overall.
Cats are low maintenance
Compared to dogs, cats are low-maintenance pets. They don’t require formal training, they don’t need to be taken out multiple times a day, and they’re even able to take care of basic self-cleaning. Of course, long-haired cats will still require regular grooming, but it will likely involve less regular grooming than long-haired cats are better than dogs.
Cats are easy to house train
One of the biggest challenges dog owners needs to overcome is in the process of house-training a new puppy. Kittens, on the other hand, usually know how to use the litter box as soon as you bring them home. All you need to do is show them where it is, and they’ll instinctively use it cats are better than dogs.
Cats make great apartment pets
When it comes to pets in apartments, cats are often better suited than cats are better than dogs. Compared to dogs, cats require less space and can take better advantage of vertical space. Even in apartments with small square footage, you can make the space comfortable for cats by adding different vertical levels. Plus, since they use litter boxes, they don’t need to be taken outside multiple times a day – something that can be time-consuming if you live in a large apartment building.
Cats cost less to care for
According to the ASPCA, the overall cost of caring for cats is lower than medium or large dogs. This is because they require less food, fewer toys, and have lower overall grooming costs.
Cats are independent
One of the best things about cats is that they are very independent creatures cats are better than dogs. Unlike dogs, who require quite a high level of attention each day, cats are quite happy to have time to themselves. In fact, cats will sleep for about 15 hours a day so you don’t have to worry about them being too bored when you’re at work. When you are home, cats are also more likely to be content with just being in your company, whereas dogs may demand your undivided attention.
Cats have a long lifespan
Any pet owner knows that losing a pet is a truly heartbreaking experience. Fortunately, when it comes to house pets, cats have quite a long life expectancy. The average lifespan of a cat is 12 years, but it’s not uncommon for them to live into their high teens or even early twenties cats are better than dogs.
Cats are good for your health
Studies have shown that cats have a calming effect on their owners, from the soothing action of petting to purring being an aid in falling asleep. Cats can even play a part in lowering your blood pressure and risk of a heart attack. One 10-year study has even shown that cat owners were 30% less likely to die of a heart attack or stroke than non-cat owners.
Cats can lead to fewer allergies
In a study by the National Institutes of Health, it was found that children under the age of one who were exposed to a cat were less likely to develop allergies. The interesting part was that this wasn’t just limited to pet allergies, but all types of allergies. It appears that exposure to pets as a young child will protect you against not only pet allergies, but other common allergies such as dust mites, ragweed, and grass.
Cats keep unwanted pests out of your house
Cats are hardwired to stalk, hunt, and pounce on their prey, which makes them perfect for keeping your home free of unwanted pests be it mice, bugs, or something else. Even their presence can be enough of a deterrent for rodents as their scent can act as a repellent.
If you’re a dog owner, you probably already know just how awesome cats are better than dogs. They fill your life with love, loyalty, fur, and plenty of reasons to smile. Here are just a few more of the amazing and adorable reasons why dogs are the best pets in the world:
24 cats are better than dogs
1. They’ll greet you like you’ve been gone a century when you only went out for a five-minute trip to the store.
2. They keep your bed warm for you when it gets cold at night.
3. Dogs will watch TV with you without hogging the remote.
4. Dogs find the greatest joy in even the simplest of things, like a ride in the car.
5. Dogs are the best because, unlike people (and most cats), they love you unconditionally.
6. They take awesome selfies.
7. According to a study by Nova School of Business and Economics, dogs in the workplace can lower stress, improve communication, and foster social cohesion when a flexible organizational culture is in place.
8. Dogs will inspire you to stop and sniff the flowers.
9. Dogs make the best workout partners. They’ll motivate you to get up and get moving but won’t make you feel guilty when you just want to crash on the couch.
10. In fact, according to a study from the American Heart Association Council, owning a dog may even protect you from the risks of heart disease.
11. Dogs are willing to put aside their differences and live in peace, even with their natural-born enemies.
12. Owning a dog can help kids learn about responsibility and empathy.
13. A dog’s sense of smell is so highly evolved, according to a study by Experimental Biology, that dogs can pick out blood samples from people with cancer with almost 97% accuracy.
14. They love to snuggle and they’re the best at it.
15. Dogs always seem to know when you’re feeling blue — and they’ll gladly share their favorite toy to cheer you up.
16. They know how to make a big splash.
17. According to a study funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), having a family dog can actually help prevent kids from developing allergies.
18. Dogs have some amazing athletic skills.
19. Dogs can help you socialize and encourage you to get out and explore.
20. Dogs will give you something to laugh and smile about every day.21. Whether you’re roughing it or enjoying a plush hotel, dogs make great travel companions.
21. Whether you’re roughing it or enjoying a plush hotel, dogs make great travel companions
22. Slobbery dog kisses are actually awesome.
23. Dogs make celebrating holidays even more fun.
24. They can make boring chores, like laundry, more enjoyable just by being adorable.
On top of all these serious benefits of dogs, they are also fantastic fun. They always make you laugh, they’re there at the end of a hard day, and they’ll almost always be on hand for a reassuring hug when you need it! Interested in getting a new puppy? Take a look at our content for handy guides and tips cats are better than dogs.
Dogs love stuff that smells bad from garbage, to dead animals, to poop and they really love to roll around in it. As a result, dogs require routine bathing and grooming, which can get very expensive if you take your dog to the groomer.
Cats are essentially self-cleaning machines. You may want to groom it with a brush every once in a while and definitely clip its nails as needed, but otherwise, cats do a very good job of keeping themselves clean.